Configuring Firefox ESR v52 on Mac OS
Before you proceed you must do
- If you have smart card reader and smart card from InfoNotary, but you didn't install the drivers for them do the following Installation of smart card reader and smart card drivers in Mac OS X
- IMPORTANT : In the information message "Please enter the master password for InfoNotary", enter your PIN code.
- IMPORTANT : Firefox and Thunderbird use direct access to the smart card. When you have successfully installed your certificates, you SHOULD NOT delete them from there, as this will also delete the certificate, along with the private and public keys on the smart card. After that, the certificate cannot be restored and a new one must be issued.
- IMPORTANT : In order to use your certificate with Firefox and Thunderbird, the reader must be on your computer before opening the program.
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD FIREFOX ESR v52 FROM HERE
Install Infonotary certificate chain
Start Firefox ESR. From the menu choose Preferences.
Choose the tab Advanced, subsection Security, as it shown and click on View Certificates.
Choose the tab Your certificates and click on Import.
Specify the path to certification chain - InfoNotary_Qualified_eIDAS.p12
Leave the field blank and click OK.
Newly installed certificates can be found in section Authorities.
In Mozilla for every certificate of a Certification Authority (CA) the user must choose a level of trust. This is done by selecting the certificate and clicking on Edit Trust. The easiest way to do this setting for the certificate "InfoNotary TSP Root" select three possible options. This will make all the InfoNotary trusted certificates for all operations.
Install software security module
In order to use you digital certificate with Mozilla based applications like Firefox, Thunderbird etc., you must register PKCS#11 module, for your smart card. It is nessesary to install the drivers for the smart card before that.
Start Mozilla Firefox. From menu choose Preferences.
Choose tab Advanced, then Security, as it is shown on the picture and click Security Devices.
From here the procedure is analogical for all Mozilla applications.
To add a new device, select the Load
Change the name of the module (Module Name), as desired.
Select PKCS # 11 library corresponding to your smart card.
- OpenSC - /Library/OpenSC/lib/opensc-pkcs11.so
- Bit4ID - /Library/bit4id/pkcs11/libbit4ipki.dylib
- Siemens - /usr/local/lib/libsiecap11.dylib
After you click OK, your smart card will appear in the list of available devices.